Red or Black
For one of the first times on terrestrial television, the concept of Roulette and the simplicity of the game has been brought to light. The new game show is almost inadvertently promoting the game to the mass audience. But I question whether the audience, who are not so familiar with the game, will be attracted to an online casino to play for themselves.
Red or Black betting on Roulette is a very standard way of playing the game. Many Roulette players will bet on Red or Black and nothing else, other players will play numbers and nothing else. The main difference is the odds for each bet. Players can only double their money playing on a 50/50 red or black bet. Betting on a number can reward you with 35 times your stake, so bet £1 and you will receive £35 plus your stake back if you win.
In most versions of Roulette, the actual odds of red or black are not 50/50 because we must consider the Green ‘Zero’ and even ‘Double Zero’ in American Roulette. The reason for this is to push the odds slightly in favour of the casino. The actual odds when betting either Red or Black on American Roulette is 47.37%. Therefore, the odds of the house are 52.63%, so you now see why the Casinos make their money. Although, don’t let this put you off because with odds of 47.37%, the player has a very good chance of winning. These odds won’t always be the actual result; they are more a guideline and will be relevant over a large number of spins.
Play a number of versions of red or black Roulette now at BetFred Casino.